Moore Blues For Gary
Bob Daisley had played with Gary Moore since the 1980's, and is known for suggesting to Gary that he should make a blues album - the rest is history, ‘Still Got The Blues’ was an immense hit, followed by a series of classic modern blues albums. Bob, also known for his contributions to Rainbow and Ozzy Osbourne, was the driving force behind “Moore Blues For Gary”.
John Sykes (ex-Thin Lizzy, Whitesnake) makes a triumphant return after a long absence with an uber-emotional rendition of ‘Still Got The Blues’, with the soulful vocals by Daniel Bowes (Thunder) complementing each other.
‘Parisienne Walkways’ is played by Steve Morse (Deep Purple, Dixie Dregs) and Ricky Warwick (Thin Lizzy, Black Star Riders, The Almighty), with the unlikely pair resulting in a miraculous chemistry.
Gary's friends are here - his rocking keyboard / guitar / vocal sidekick Neil Carter sings ‘Empty Rooms’, which he co-wrote with Gary. Don Airey (Deep Purple, Rainbow) and Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple) had joined forces with Gary on numerous occasions, together with Eric Singer (Kiss) and Darrin Mooney (Primal Scream). Brush Shiels, the leader of Gary's first professional band Skid Row, also makes an appearance.
Doug Aldrich (Whitesnake, Dio), Steve Lukather (Toto), Joe Lynn Turner (Rainbow), Jeff Watson (Night Ranger), Damon Johnson (Black Star Riders, Alice Cooper) and Stan Webb (Chicken Shack) also unsparingly pour all their emotions to show their appreciation to Gary.
Gary's sons Jack and Gus are also involved, playing guitar and singing on ‘This One's For You’, showing that the ‘Blood Of Emeralds’ still runs their veins.
During his blues days, Gary made two albums to thank the guitarists that made him who he was: “Blues For Greeny” for Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac, and “Blues For Jimi” for Jimi Hendrix. Now this is his turn to be rewarded with an album full of love and respect. We still got the blues for you.
1. That's Why I Play The Blues (Jon C. Butler)
2. The Blues Just Got Sadder (Steve Lukather, Joe Lynn Turner)
3. Empty Rooms (Neil Carter)
4. Still Got The Blues (For You) (Danny Bowes, John Sykes, Don Airey)
5. Texas Strut (Brush Shiels)
6. Nothing's The Same (Glenn Hughes)
7. The Loner (Doug Aldrich, Don Airey, Eric Singer)
8. Torn Inside (Stan Webb, Darrin Mooney)
9. Don't Believe A Word (Damon Johnson)
10. Story Of The Blues (Jon C. Butler)
11. This One's For You (Gus & Jack Moore)
12. Power Of The Blues (Joe Lynn Turner, Jeff Watson, Darrin Mooney)
13. Parisienne Walkways (Steve Morse, Ricky Warwick)