Tom Morello The Atlas Underground (Vinyl)
Throughout his remarkable career, Morello has collaborated with everyone from Bruce Springsteen to Johnny Cash. On The Atlas Underground, he paves a path into new sonic territory with the project’s breadth of talented collaborators – Marcus Mumford, Portugal. The Man, Bassnectar, the Wu-Tang Clan’s RZA and GZA, Vic Mensa, K.Flay, Big Boi, Gary Clark Jr., Pretty Lights, Killer Mike, Steve Aoki and Whethan among others – transforming his sound into something even he could not have anticipated, blending Marshall stack riff-rock with the digital wizardry of EDM and hip-hop. Morello served as chief curator for the record, hand-picking and personally reaching out to the involved artists to recruit their efforts to the project.
Assembled across a variety of studios spanning multiple continents, Morello calls The Atlas Underground “a clandestine sonic conspiracy of artists working in disparate locations toward a shared goal of creating a new genre of music.” The lyrics often take the form of “social justice ghost stories,” and on tracks such as Bassnectar, Big Boi and Killer Mike’s “Rabbit Revenge” and the RZA/GZA-featuring “Lead Poisoning,” they convey the experiences of those less fortunate who were unable to speak up for themselves.
- Battle Sirens (feat. Knife Party)
- Rabbit's Revenge (feat. Bassnectar, Big Boi & Killer Mike)
- Every Step That I Take (feat. Portugal. The Man & Whethan)
- We Don't Need You (feat. Vic Mensa)
- Find Another Way (feat. Marcus Mumford)
- How Long (feat. Steve Aoki & Tim McIlrath)
- Lucky One (feat. K.Flay)
- One Nation (feat. Pretty Lights)
- Vigilante Nocturno (feat. Carl Restivo)
- Where It’s at Ain’t What It Is (feat. Gary Clark Jr. & Nico Stadi)
- Roadrunner (feat. Leikeli47)
- Lead Poisoning (feat. GZA, RZA & Herobust)