Producers Sonia Friedman and Colin Callender are proud to announce that THE MUSIC OF HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD, an album of music from the internationally acclaimed stage production.
THE MUSIC OF HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD is written, composed, performed and recorded by Grammy and Ivor Novello Award-winner Imogen Heap. It is presented as four contemporary musical suites, each showcasing one of the play’s theatrical acts. This unique new album format from Imogen Heap chronologically features the music heard in the stage production, further reworked to transport listeners on a sonic journey through the world of HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD.
Imogen Heap said “This album is like nothing I’ve ever attempted before. It’s four suites containing music from each of the four acts of the play, HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD. With over 100 moments of music in the play, the challenge was how to weave them together, and I think it has manifested into a really enjoyable listen, with memories for those who’ve seen the play, musical accompaniment to those with the script of the play or simply just to enjoy the music as a stand-alone album. It is crafted to be listened to in its entirety, taking the listener through different worlds within each suite. I don’t know another album like it. I hope others enjoy listening to it as much as I’ve enjoyed making it.”
Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD is a new play by Jack Thorne, directed by John Tiffany with movement by Steven Hoggett, set by Christine Jones, costumes by Katrina Lindsay, music & arrangements by Imogen Heap, lighting by Neil Austin, sound by Gareth Fry, illusions & magic by Jamie Harrison, music supervision & arrangements by Martin Lowe.
HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD received its world premiere in July 2016 at the Palace Theatre in London and earlier this week more tickets were released for performances through to 28 July 2019. It is also now playing at the Lyric Theatre on Broadway, with an Australian production beginning performances at Melbourne’s Princess Theatre on 16 January 2019. A further North American production will open at San Francisco’s Curran in Autumn 2019 and, in spring 2020, a German language version of the play – marking its first non-English language production - will open at the Mehr! Theater am Großmarkt in Hamburg, Germany.
1. Suite One: Platform 9 3/4
2. Suite One: The Hogwarts Express
3. Suite One: Welcome to Hogwarts
4. Suite One: Wand Dance
5. Suite One: Albus Severus Potter
6. Suite One: The Blanket
7. Suite One: Hut on the Rock
8. Suite One: A Malfoy
9. Suite One: Anything from the Trolley, Dears?
10. Suite One: Ministry of Magic
11. Suite One: St. Oswald's
12. Suite One: Wizarding World
13. Suite One: Shadows and Spirits
14. Suite Two: Privet Drive
15. Suite Two: McGonagall's Office
16. Suite Two: The Forbidden Forest
17. Suite Two: Edge of the Forest
18. Suite Two: Dragons!
19. Suite Two: Dumbledore
20. Suite Two: Staircase Ballet
21. Suite Two: The Duel
22. Suite Two: Invisibility Cloak
23. Suite Two: Moaning Myrtle
24. Suite Two: Scorpius Alone
25. Suite Three: A World of Darkness
26. Suite Three: Another Hogwarts
27. Suite Three: Dementors
28. Suite Three: Expecto Patronum
29. Suite Three: In Trouble (Again)
30. Suite Three: Slytherin Dormitory
31. Suite Three: The Owlery
32. Suite Three: A New Prophecy
33. Suite Three: The Augurey
34. Suite Four: Extraordinary General Meeting
35. Suite Four: Godric's Hollow
36. Suite Four: Paint and Memory
37. Suite Four: Something Written
38. Suite Four: The Final Battle
39. Suite Four: The Arrival
40. Suite Four: Lily and James
41. Suite Four: Burning Bed
42. Suite Four: A Nice Day